Six significant activities culminating in a Gala Dinner on October 12, 2019 will be held in conjunction with Han Chiang’s 100 Years of Excellence’s celebration this year.
Penang Han Chiang Associated Chinese Schools Association Board of Directors’ chairman Dato’ Seri Ooi Soo Hing urged all alumni of Han Chiang’s three schools to support and participate in these activities.
“The alumni, those staying in Malaysia and overseas are urged to take the good opportunity to return to their alma mater. It is like returning back to our sweet home with fond memories,” Dato Seri Ooi said at a media conference.
Present with Dato’ Seri Ooi were Penang Han Chiang Associated Chinese Schools Association Board of Directors Executive Advisor and Han Chiang University College of Communication Chancellor, Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Tan Kok Ping and the Board of Directors.
Han Chiang comprises Han Chiang Primary School, Han Chiang HighSchool and Han Chiang University College of Communication (HCUC).
Dato’ Seri Ooi also urged parents and students to come forward to support and take part in these activities.
“We hope all alumni around the world can join in our 100 years gala dinner on October 12, 2019 to celebrate the memorable occasion,” he said, adding that there would be a 10-minute fireworks display at the Han Chiang High School field.
The activities are:
1) Han Chiang Torch Run on July 14, 7am. (From Penang Teochew Association in Chulia Street to Han Chiang’s three institutions in Jalan Lim Lean Teng).
2) Han Chiang Lim Lean Teng Public Memorial Ceremony at Lim Lean Teng Hall on July 15.
3) Han Chiang Cultural Night at Lim Lean Teng Hall on July 19 – 20 at 7.30pm
4) Han Chiang International Conference & Han Chiang 100 years’ series of books launching on Aug 24.
5) Han Chiang 100 years opening ceremony on Oct 10 at 9am at Han Chiang Primary School.6) Han Chiang 100 years celebration gala dinner on Oct 12 at 7pm at Han Chiang High School Field. Ticket (inclusive of souvenir) at RM65 per person.
For further details, contact Han Chiang Board Of Directors Secretary Ms Lim and Ms Cheah (017-9474100), Han Chiang High School Alumni Association Ms Lok (012-4735854), Han Chiang Primary School PIBG Mr Lim (012-5511445).
Meanwhile, also in conjunction with Han Chiang’s 100 Years of Excellence’s celebration, Han Chiang University College of Communication (HCUC) is organising a photography competition and submissions are open from now till September 1, 2019.
Participants are allowed to submit up to ten (10) individual entries, each submission must be at least of 3 Megapixels (MP) in JPEG version. Entries can be submitted via email (email@example.com) or walk-in to Han Chiang University College of Communication.
The competition is aimed for participants to capture moments which address the themes of “Han Chiang Centennial Celebration”, “People of Han Chiang” or “The Beauty of Han Chiang”.
HCUC is also organising a tree planting event on August 25 as well as a blood donation campaign on September 11, 2019.